- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Economic Development Financing Tools & Incentives
Economic Development Financing Tools & Incentives
Belle Plaine provides several financial programs to assist local businesses. This decision chain (PNG) may help determine what form of business assistance may be a fit.
ROSE Facade Grant (Forgivable Loan)
- Provides up to $1,500 for commercial facade improvements. Forgivable loans may be granted for 20% - 50% of eligible project costs up to the maximum.
- Eligible projects (PDF) include most enhancements visible from a street, except signage.
- Download the policy/application (PDF) or contact Cynthia Smith Strack for more information.
Revolving Loan Fund
This low interest loan (RLF) assists new and existing businesses with most activities, except working capital. Download the Revolving Loan Fund Policy and Application (PDF) or contact Cynthia Smith Strack for more information.
Tax Increment Financing or Tax Abatement
The City of Belle Plaine will also consider tax abatement or tax increment financing for larger project requests. Please contact Cynthia Smith Strack for more information. View basics in this presentation to City (PDF). TIF and abatement is addressed in the City's Business Subsidy Policy (PDF).
- DEED - The Department of Employment and Economic Development provides significant support and resources for businesses and training grant programs.
- Minnesota RETAP - The Minnesota Retiree Environmental Technical Assistance Program employs skilled, retired professionals to provide facility assessments and community sustainability assistance to small businesses, institutions, and communities in Minnesota.
- XCEL Energy - XCEL Energy business programs and rebates help owners and operators save energy and money at their facilities. Information on equipment rebates, energy audits and studies, and energy efficiency for new and improved facilities.
- MVEC Business Efficiency Rebates - MVEC offers business customers rebates and access strategies for creating efficiencies within their facilities.