Medication Safety Drop Off Program
The "Take It To The Box" program promotes the safe use, safe storage, and safe disposal of unneeded medication, prescription medication, illegal drugs, and drug paraphernalia.
Main Entrance of the Police Department
420 East Main Street
Belle Plaine, MN
Available Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm.
All deposits are made anonymously. No needles/sharps accepted at any location.
Items accepted include:
- Unused/expired prescription medicine
- Over-the-Counter Medications
- Animal/pet medications
- Liquid medications (must be in leak-proof containers)
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia (such as pipes and other objects)
Steps to Disposal
Before disposing of medication into the box please do the following:
- Take medications to a drop box.
- Leave medication in the original container.
- Keep the name of medication on the container and closed.
Other Things to Note
- Illegal drugs and/or drug paraphernalia can be put in a paper bag or other container for privacy before dropping them into the disposal box.
- The "Take It To The Box" program is funded by local law enforcement agencies; the Scott County Meth Task Force; and the Scott County's Sheriff's Office.
- If you have a large amount of items to dispose of, please use multiple bags so the box does not jam.
These "Take It To The Box" medication disposal boxes are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day:
- Shakopee - Scott County Sheriff's Office - Main Lobby at 301 Fuller Street - corner of 4th and Fuller.
- Savage - 6000 McColl Drive - Front Vestibule of the Police Department
- Prior Lake - 4649 Dakota Street SE - Front vestibule of the Police Department
- New Prague - 118 Central Avenue North - Vestibule of City Hall/Police Department. South Side
- Elko New Market- Closest location see (New Prague)
This location is available Monday through Friday:
- Jordan - 210 East First Street - Front Main Lobby at City Hall from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm.