My yard has been painted with different colors. What work is being done?

Utility companies have the right to work in the street right-of-way and the drainage and utility easement, to install or maintain their lines. Before work begins, the respective company is required to call 'Gopher State One Call'. They then notify other utilities of the work to be performed. The other utility companies will then mark their existing lines in the area with paint.

  • Gas Lines = Yellow
  • Telephone and Cable TV = Orange
  • Electric = Red
  • Water = Blue
  • Wastewater = Green
  • Construction Limits = White

If you would like to find out what work is being performed, you can contact the respective utility companies. You can also call the Public Works Department at 952-873-6742.

If you notice any color other than what is listed above painted on your property, please call the Public Works Department.

Show All Answers

1. What's Under My Street And Sidewalk
2. My yard has been painted with different colors. What work is being done?
3. When is the water meter read?
4. Who is responsible for maintaining the wastewater line to my home?
5. What causes discolored water?
6. When and why are the fire hydrants flushed?
7. My water meter is leaking. Will the City repair it?
8. Where can I plant a tree?
9. What is a drainage and utility easement?
10. Why doesn't the City cut the grass around the stormwater ponds?
11. Who maintains the trees within the right-of-way?
12. My street light is burned out or doesn't work properly. Who takes care of it?
13. How do I report a pothole?
14. When does the City sweep the streets?
15. Water and Sewer Utilities: How do they get read and do you accept auto pay?
16. When I do get a bill? When is the payment due?
17. How Can I Reduce Water Usage?
18. Who Is Responsible For Frozen Water Service Lines?