Who is responsible for maintaining the wastewater line to my home?

The homeowner is responsible for any service line blockage or repairs between the home and the City wastewater main, including the connection at the wastewater main.

Problems with the sanitary wastewater system (the system conveying wastewater from homes, businesses, and industries) should be reported to the City Public Works Department.

Property owners experiencing sewer issues should call the Public Works Department if the public system is operating. If the problem is only with one fixture (sink or toilet), it is likely that the problem is in the private system and you should contact a plumber.

Please call Public Works for waste water questions 952-873-6742 and call Utility Billing 985-873-4644 for water and sewer bill questions.

Show All Answers

1. What's Under My Street And Sidewalk
2. My yard has been painted with different colors. What work is being done?
3. When is the water meter read?
4. Who is responsible for maintaining the wastewater line to my home?
5. What causes discolored water?
6. When and why are the fire hydrants flushed?
7. My water meter is leaking. Will the City repair it?
8. Where can I plant a tree?
9. What is a drainage and utility easement?
10. Why doesn't the City cut the grass around the stormwater ponds?
11. Who maintains the trees within the right-of-way?
12. My street light is burned out or doesn't work properly. Who takes care of it?
13. How do I report a pothole?
14. When does the City sweep the streets?
15. Water and Sewer Utilities: How do they get read and do you accept auto pay?
16. When I do get a bill? When is the payment due?
17. How Can I Reduce Water Usage?
18. Who Is Responsible For Frozen Water Service Lines?