Who maintains the trees within the right-of-way?

These trees belong to the property owner and the property owners are responsible for the care of the trees.  The City will send out notices to residents if trimming of the trees poses hazardous conditions for pedestrians and vehicles, or if they interfere with utilities.  If you are unable to take care of trimming, the City will trim the trees and may charge for that service.  Please call Public Works at 952.873.6742 if you are not sure if the tree is within the right-of-way.

Show All Answers

1. My yard has been painted with different colors. What work is being done?
2. When is the water meter read?
3. Who is responsible for maintaining the wastewater line to my home?
4. What causes discolored water?
5. When and why are the fire hydrants flushed?
6. My water meter is leaking. Will the City repair it?
7. Where can I plant a tree?
8. What is a drainage and utility easement?
9. Why doesn't the City cut the grass around the stormwater ponds?
10. Who maintains the trees within the right-of-way?
11. My street light is burned out or doesn't work properly. Who takes care of it?
12. How do I report a pothole?
13. When does the City sweep the streets?
14. Water and Sewer Utilities: How do they get read and do you accept auto pay?
15. When I do get a bill? When is the payment due?
16. How Can I Reduce Water Usage?
17. Who Is Responsible For Frozen Water Service Lines?